My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jazzandsass.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Christmas with Just the 2 of Us (Gingoog City Trip Part 1)


Happy New Year everyone!

I know this is a bit late but what the heck. It's better late than never, right? Besides, the biggest reason you haven't heard from since my last post is I was out of town for the Christmas holiday. 

Yep.

Hubs, as some of you may know, has been out in Mindanao since September. After his CDO assignment, he was sent over to another city in another province for more than a month, which made going home for the Yuletide holidays out of the question. 

So we decided to that I sail to where he's assigned to spend Christmas and New Year with him. Just as two. 

And it's the first time for us to spend the holidays with just as. Normally it's with family, his or mine. 

So yeah, we're both pretty excited about it. I spend countless days preparing for the trip, booking tickets and all. 

Our Christmas eve dinner. Chinese yum!


Our first stop was Cagayan de Oro City. My trip was delayed for nine hours due to God knows what the reasons that we had to spend the night in the city on Christmas eve instead of heading straight to Gingoog City. 

We stayed at Tunes Hotel for the night and had dinner at a nearby mall. The hotel was nice. I wasn't able to take pictures of the place because who does that when you're tired as a dead meat? 

Anyway, we had dinner at a nearby mall. We planned on doing some last-minute gift shopping for each other but lo and behold. The mall closes at 7pm. And not just this specific mall but all of the malls in the city.

Sad. 

After dinner, we just went back to our hotel room, watched TV, exchanged little presents,*** and went to sleep.


On Christmas morning, we decided to catch the early bus ride to Gingoog City. It's a 3-and-a-half hour drive from CDO but we were fortunate enough to get on a bus with a fast driver. Otherwise, it would've been a long, boring one. 

When we reached Gingoog, we were welcomed with a cold, gloomy weather with a slight drizzle. And when we reached the city proper, my first impression is it's too sleepy. Hahaha! 

But it was nice to get out of the loud hustle and bustle of city. All in all, it was a nice experience. 
I'll be posting pictures of my trip there so stay tuned. 

In the meantime, here's the bouquet of flowers hubs gave me. For the first time ever.

Can you believe it? I didn't at first but with it in front of me I had to. hehehe... 

I remember back when we were dating that he told me he's not the type of guy to give flowers because they rot. And his love for me shouldn't be like that. Cheeky, I know, but I kind of accepted that giving flowers won't be a part of his romantic gestures. 

So when a flower vendor (I didn't know that she was at that time) came by his office where I was hanging out, I thought he ordered food or something. 




But I was really surprised when this was handed to me. 


Wow!

I guess guys do change. Just not in our timeline. 

I'm a happy a camper!

See you on my next post. :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment