My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jazzandsass.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.


Casually Chic







 top: Re-fashioned | jeans: Levi's | bag: gifted | peep toe sandals: Predictions | necklace: DIY

There's no denying that the summer in the tropics is scorching hot. A few minutes out and you're already sweating like you just ran the marathon. Unless my sweat smells perfume, like Kate Upton's role had in The Other Woman, I hate to be all sweaty. It's icky and reeeeaaaally uncomfortable. It's temperatures like this that I wish I have air conditioning at home or that I have a car to get to places. 

Unfortunately, I don't. So when I have to go somewhere in the middle of the afternoon, I usually wear a shirt and pair of shorts. But I had a meeting today and a pair of shorts and a t-shirt is simply inappropriate for the occasion. I wanted to wear something formal for a business meeting, but the weather is just too hot to wear business attire.

The solution?

Casual chic.

I donned my ever favorite Levi's skinny jeans. Everybody knows that a good pair of Levi's jeans, even if they fit, doesn't irritate the skin at all. I paired it with my re-fashioned peplum top to contrast the casual look of jeans. The striped top was originally a baby doll dress. However, the skirt's length was too short for my taste so I decided to re-fashion it. I've always wanted a peplum blouse, so the opportunity presented itself. Completing my casual chic look are my favorite bow-on-top, peep toe sandals.

I'm not sure about you but I liked how they looked together. The outfit is not too casual to deem it as inappropriate for a meeting, but it's also not too business-y to make me look like I was trying too hard.

And how did the meeting go? Wonderful. Good thing I didn't go with my first instinct. Otherwise, I would be the only one over dressed. 

What about you guys? Do you have other styling tips to beat the summer heat?






0 comments:

Post a Comment