My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://jazzandsass.wordpress.com/
and update your bookmarks.


I like it dem blings

Back in high school (at a time when bubble beads and shambala bracelets were hot), I'd buy me some strings and beads to make my own bracelets. That's because mom's and dad's income at that time were only enough to buy for our daily needs, and buying something to fulfill a girlish whim (i.e. the bracelets) were simply out of the question. So in order to keep up with a teen trend, I'd save my daily allowance, which was Php10.00 at that time, to buy beading supplies.

Although the designs were childish in nature, I was happy to wear to them at school and not feel left out by my trendier friends. Little did I know, it was the beginning of my love affair with accessories. I did stop, however, as I started college and onto becoming a researcher and ESL teacher. The passion was re-kindled when hubs and I moved to Palawan, an exotic Philippine island, and opened an online pearl accessory business. I wanted to cut down on the cost so I thought I buy my own supplies pearl necklaces, earrings, bracelets and many accessories on my own. It worked!

Unfortunately, we closed our business when we moved back to my hometown as we couldn't find a reliable pearl supplier. Despite that, I couldn't find myself to let go of my love for this craft. My heart still flutters when I think about it. In fact, I feel happy when I look at the gorgeous handcraft jewelry pieces and can't help but dream that one day I'm going to make own too. 

Well, with the support of my hubs, I saved some of income and bought supplies. Instead of making pearl accessories, I ventured to wire wrapping. I couldn't be prouder of what I created. As matter of fact, my excitement was so contagious that hubs decided to try it himself. That's what I love about him. I'll show you a knock off he made from a piece he saw on Pinterest. 

How was my wire wrapping skills? Well, to be honest, they still need  more practice, but the pieces I made are wearable. Check them out:



Notice that this doesn't have a watermark. It's because hubs didn't design himself. It's a knock off of a pendant he  saw on Pinterest. If you know who owns the design, let me know. I'd be happy to give he/she due credit for this creative work of art. 





So what do you think? Will it pass fashion standards? Hehehe.. Well, I'm planning to sell my creations to fund my hobby. I'll keep you posted on soft opening. 

Have a fun weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment